Part-Time Executive Director Job Description
The Great Valley School District Education Foundation, (GVSDEF) is an independent, 501(c)(3) nonprofit based upon the philosophy that public education can be endowed through a broad-based system of community support, thus providing another avenue for enhancing and augmenting educational opportunities in the Great Valley School District. The overall mission of the organization is to enrich the total student experience in Great Valley School District, as a community partner, by funding special projects and programs.
Position Summary: The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for day to day operations with primary responsibility for leading the operations and management of its fundraising efforts. This position reports to the Board of Directors through the supervision of the Board President and Executive Committee (EC). The ED has strategic and operational responsibility for executing the mission of GVSDEF in collaboration with the Board of Directors. This is a part-time position averaging 25-30 hours per week depending on the needs of the foundation. Knowledge of the Great Valley School District or connection to the Chester County community, a plus. This is a hybrid position with some evening and weekend work required for meetings and events.
Part Time Position – 25-30 hours per week.
Compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Fundraising and Resource Development:
· Develops, coordinates, and executes a comprehensive strategy of fundraising in partnership with GVSDEF Board and Committees.
· Researches, identifies, and develops relationships with potential sources of funding, including Great Valley School District alumni, private foundations, corporations, local businesses, and individuals with a focus on identifying opportunities for larger gifts and planned giving possibilities.
· Expands partnerships that will lead to sustainable, diversified funding streams and significant philanthropic investments in GVSDEF’s future.
· Writes and/or manages grant proposals
· Develops outside partnerships as needed to enhance strategies and tactics.
· Works closely with the Treasurer, Manager of Administrative Services, and appropriate Committee Chairs to coordinate the finances related to programs and development activities.
· Effectively uses GVSDEF’s office and software systems to support development activities and program operations, including donor database
· Collaborates with Board members, volunteers, staff, and community members to uphold a supportive culture that inspires active participation and clear, open communication.
· Works with GVSDEF’s leadership on annual and planning activities.
· Attends Board meetings and prepares reports as requested by the EC.
· Supports GVSDEF marketing and communication strategies/activities.
· Ensures employees, contractors, volunteers, and business practices comply with regulatory and legal requirements and GVSDEF policies.
· Monitors matters related to public education and funding approaches in collaboration with area education foundations and the EC.
· Acts as a key GVSDEF spokesperson, articulating it’s mission in a motivational way that enhances awareness.
· In collaboration with Board members, identifies, recruits, and trains volunteers to carry out the mission of GVSDEF.
· Cultivates a welcoming and positive environment that inspires teamwork, accountability, and quality performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years professional fundraising experience
- Competent and charismatic, visionary leader skilled in building relationships with potential funders and community partners
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including grant writing and public speaking
- Proven abilities and experience in fiscal management and problem solving
- Ability to maximize fundraising CRM software for revenue growth (GVSDEF uses Bloomerang)
- High standard of integrity and ethics
- Strong commitment to the mission of GVSDEF
- Understanding of, and interest in, public education is a plus
Please send your resume, salary requirements, and professional references, with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of the GVSDEF to not discriminate and to provide an equal opportunity for all regardless of race, color, age, creed, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, or handicap/disability.